The use of a water cooled mattress pad is a fantastic innovation that has seen rising levels of adoption over the past few years. It is a specific kind of mattress pad that makes use of water to help keep the body cool while one is sleeping.
The following is some information on water cooling mattress pads that you should be aware of.
Table of Contents
How Does Water Cooled Mattress Pad Work?
A water cooled mattress pad accomplishes its cooling function by directing cool water through a network of tiny tubes or channels that are built into the pad itself. The pad is attached to a component that chills the water and moves it through the tubes in a continuous cycle.
The heat from the body is absorbed by the water as it moves through the tubes, and this contributes to the body’s overall cooling while it is sleeping.
A water cooled mattress pad offers the following advantages:
- Better quality sleep can be achieved with the help of a water cooling mattress pad, which maintains a temperature that is appropriate for the body all through the night. This may lead to a more profound and rejuvenating state of sleep.
- If you have a tendency to overheat throughout the night, a water cooled mattress pad can provide the much-needed comfort that you require. The refreshing water helps to bring your core temperature back down and prevents you from overheating.
- It can result in considerable cost savings on your monthly energy bills. A water cooling mattress pad consumes significantly less energy than air conditioning, which can result in major savings on your monthly energy bills.
- Water-cooled mattress pads are not only comfortable but also simple to use and require nothing in the way of upkeep. To enjoy a cool and comfortable night’s sleep, the device needs only to have water added to it before it is plugged in.
The following are some of the drawbacks of a water-cooled mattress pad:
- Initial expense: The purchase price of this pad may be more than that of a conventional mattress pad. However, the cost savings in energy and the potential for a better night’s sleep may make the investment worthwhile.
- In spite of the fact that it is simple to use, this mattress pad does need to be maintained occasionally to guarantee that it will continue to perform as intended. This may include refilling the water as well as cleaning the device.
- Noise: The system that is responsible for cooling the water can produce some noise, which may be an issue for people who have trouble sleeping.
- Because a water-cooled mattress pad requires the use of an electrical outlet in order to function, you will need to place it in close proximity to a power source in order to make use of it.
In conclusion, whether you tend to sleep hot or are just searching for a way to improve the quality of your sleep, purchasing a water cooled mattress pad can be a wise purchase.
Although there are some drawbacks to take into consideration, the benefits may, for many people, outweigh the drawbacks.
If you are thinking about purchasing a water cooling mattress pad, you should make sure to do your homework and find a high-quality product that is suitable for both your requirements and your financial constraints.
When you are hot during the night, a cooling blanket or comforter can help, but are you ready for something even more effective?
Mattress Cooler is available in two sizes, 27″x63″ and 55″x63″, and we strongly recommend either of these options.
This cooling system for your bed will help to regulate your body temperature as you sleep, allowing you to enjoy a more restful night’s rest.
A cooler bed makes it easier to get to sleep, reduces the likelihood of experiencing insomnia, prompts the release of melatonin, and lowers the risk for metabolic elements.
How it functions:
A PVC vinyl mattress cooling pad has chilled water running through it continuously. The chilled pad draws heat away from your body, cooling you to the ideal temperature for sleeping. After the water has had a chance to become warm from your body, it is collected again by the Mattress Cooler so that it can be used again.
The Mattress Cooler places direct cooling right where it is needed, between your mattress and your blanket, so you can get the most out of it.
Evaporative cooling is the method that the Mattress Cooler employs to bring the temperature of the water 7–12 degrees below that of the surrounding room. After that, the cooled water is pumped through a thin cooling pad with the intention of removing any excess body heat that has become trapped between your mattress and your blanket.
- A more comfortable temperature for sleeping: the cooling pad works by circulating water through it, which prevents you from being too hot while you’re in bed.
- Adjust the temperature such that it is 7–12 degrees cooler than the room. It will be like having an ice pack on your body if you set the fan to high F1 and continuous cycle D1. Cycles D2, D3, or D4 produce a cooling effect that is less powerful.
- Simple to maintain: the Mattress Cooler calls for the addition of around 1 quart of water each day and the emptying of the water tank once every 14 days.
- Helps your body recover: sleeping in cooler temperatures helps the body’s natural healing processes, which can help with symptoms associated with menopause, hot flashes, night sweats, and other sleep disorders.
- The fan makes a low hum that can be described as white noise. At its loudest level, F1, it generates a sound that is akin to a very soft whisper that you could hear in a library. This setting produces 40 decibels of sound.
- You can save money on your electricity bill by using the Mattress Cooler, which is not intended to completely replace air conditioning. Your air conditioner is still required to maintain temperatures and humidity at acceptable levels.
However, if you use a Mattress Cooler, you can set the temperature on your thermostat from 66 degrees Fahrenheit to approximately 76 degrees Fahrenheit between the hours of 8 p.m. and 8 a.m., thereby saving thousands of kilowatt hours of electricity annually. Depending on how often you use it, the Mattress Cooler can pay for itself in just a few short months at the very most.
Because of where I reside, the majority of the year is spent in warm temperatures. When you got home from work and turned on the air conditioner for an hour before going to bed, it was not enough to cool down the mattress. As a result, you would have chilly air to breathe in the room, but your bed would still be warm. Some of my friends would leave the air conditioning unit on all day so that when they returned home from work, the entire room, including the bed, was fresh. On the other hand, I didn’t want my electricity bill to skyrocket just so that I could sleep in a cool bed. This item entirely resolved the issue that I was having. Because my mattress is cool as soon as I turn on my Mattress Cooler, and it continues to be cool all through the night, this enables me to sleep for seven hours without waking up; no more waking up all sweaty at one or two in the morning.
Because I live in Florida with a partner who is perpetually chilly, I am almost always overheated and drenched in sweat. My bedding were always drenched in sweat from the night before. This is no longer the case however. When I turn this on, and that ice-cold water runs down my body, I have to say that it is one of the best feelings ever. It is no longer necessary for me to have both fans running throughout the night. Other than floating in a pool, there is no other way to duplicate this cooling mattress. It will take a few nights to get used to it and find the settings that work best for you, but it will be well worth the effort. The first night, when I woke up, I was shaking, which is something that hadn’t happened to me in decades.